Choosing between the Salesforce Professional Edition (PE) and Enterprise Edition (EE) is crucial to any organization. This can get confusing. However, comparisons can help you understand the key features better, thereby clearing ambiguity.
Professional Edition vs Enterprise Edition
- Both editions have a few similar features like access to campaigns that help trafficking effectiveness of marketing expenses, custom dashboards and reports, record types to have better control over information, etc. However, what truly sets them apart is the capacity for volume.
- When compared to EE, PE has a reduced number of applications, validation rules, custom objects etc.
- In PE, users only get 2 permission sets and 2 custom profile sets while EE provides a much higher ceiling.
- PE does not allow combined reports, bucket fields, cross filters, dynamic dashboards and scheduled dashboards while EE does.
- PE allows you to send 250 emails in a single mail blast, while the maximum limit is 500 for EE.
- The custom report types report would be limited to 50 in number for PE while it is 200 in EE.
- If you are a small organization with a petite sales team, Salesforce Professional Edition would be a great choice. It has simple and easy-to-use basic customization features. It also works well with organizations looking for full-featured CRM functionality. However, PE limits its users in terms of customization capabilities and it may block user from meeting some of the specific business requirements.
- If you are a bigger establishment, Salesforce Enterprise Edition would suit you. EE makes custom development easier by offering advanced customization and administration tools. Integration of back office systems is an added advantage. It makes it easy to build apps/ websites and visual workflows. Communities also allow you to share records and connect to outside parties. It is well equipped to handle complex requirements and processes with multiple functional groups.
- Although these are the key features in a nutshell, your requirements determine the right fit for you.
- You could always reach out to us to understand better. Use the “Contact us” tab so we can get in touch.